How it all works...
Starfire brings people together in unexpected and creative ways. We take your ideas and your passions and connect you to a network of people who share the same interests. We give you the chance to bring a new idea to life, and ignite your imagination. Join us, and begin the journey of forming friendships and discovering your own happiness right there in your neighborhood.
5 Valued Experiences
- Sharing Places - People sharing the ordinary places of community life at the same time and in the same way as others helps them be seen for their gifts and passions.
- Making Choices – Choices big and small, in all areas of one’s life, lead to possibilities and opportunities to grow.
- Making Contributions – Attaining valued roles that use our gifts, talents, passions, interests, ideas and opinions are all ways to make contributions.
- Growing in Relationships – Taking time to develop a wide, diverse range of relationships with people to grow stronger in our relationships.
- Experiencing Respect – Being seen as a valued person who has positive roles to play in other people’s lives by putting our best foot forward.
“All citizens have better life chances, and everyone’s world grows more interesting, when communities offer rich opportunities for all people to have these five valued experiences.” - John O’Brien and Connie Lyle O’Brien
Read More about the foundations of our work...
“A strong sense of belonging – really feeling that there is a place for us in our community – and a bond of trust with our neighbors have the greatest influence on how we rate the quality of our life.” – Vital Signs Report, Vancouver Foundation 2012
- We all have gifts
- Everyone belongs and has something to contribute
- Passions and interests are what connects us
- We all need a variety of people in our life, including family, friends, and community members
- Lunch can be a radical act
- We are all in this together